Japan's Shinden Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. has developed a two-way thyristor "K1VZL09/K1VZL20" that can prevent all lights from being extinguished in the event of an LED open circuit failure, and will be mass-produced in April 2010. It is mainly used for street lights, emergency lights, light projectors, and signal lights that cannot be extinguished. The product name is "SAIDAC".
In a lighting fixture composed of a series LED, when one LED has an open circuit failure, all the LEDs connected thereto are extinguished. Moreover, due to the effects of a malfunctioning LED, the voltage may rise and destroy other LEDs. Therefore, it has been solved by the method of connecting Zener Diode with LED. However, this method has a problem in that since a reverse voltage Zener diode higher than the LED driving voltage is required, the amount of heat generated when the Zener diode is in the bypass state is very large.
The product developed to solve the above problems is the bidirectional thyristor of this time. A bidirectional thyristor is a semiconductor component in which a load voltage exceeds a breakdown (turning) voltage and is turned into an on state. Moreover, the forward loss of the triac is small, "only about 1/5 of the Zener diode" (new electric power industry). Therefore, the amount of heat generated in the bypass state can be drastically reduced.
The difference between K1VZL09 and K1VZL20 is the breakdown voltage. K1VZL09 is intended for the use of 1 to 2 standard +10V voltage LEDs in series. The K2VZL20 is intended for use in series with 3 to 5 standard +20V voltage LEDs. The on-state current is up to 1A and the off current is up to 5Î¼A. The holding current is up to 20mA. The temperature of the joint ranges from -40 to +125 Â°C. The external dimensions are 5mm Ã— 2.5mm Ã— 2mm. Sample shipments are now available. The sample price is 80 yen. (Editor: maysoong)
Bidirectional thyristor for LED lighting failure countermeasures
Current and voltage characteristics of the triac. Measurement using a diode tracer (Curve Tracer)
The scenario when a triac is actually used. Even if one LED has an open-circuit fault, the tri-directional thyristor power can be turned into a bypass, so the other LEDs in series will still light up normally.
XXR offers Heat Shrinkable sleeves with RSBA series, RSBJ series, RSB series, RSY series, RSBAD series and SBZS series.
1. High performance heat shrinkable closure for unpressurized applications or air-blorcking pressurized cable networs.
2. Able to work under an environment of -30 degrees centigradeto +90 degrees centigrade for a long term
3. Suitable for aerial, buried applications
4. It is of super composite fiber structure and secondary sealing, featured by high mechanical strength, strong tearresistant, and strong shrinkage and excellent resistance to weathering.
5. Super heat shrinkable sleeve sealing gel material is composed of several layers of specially blended polymers, adhesives and fiber-reinforcing layer. The fiber-reinforcing layer provides excellent mechanical strength and eliminates the propagation of localized damage that can result from overheating or other errors in installation. Once the closure sleeve has been installed, the composite design of the Super Sleeve sealing gel material provides superior mechanical protection from forces such as impact, abrasion, UV light, and atmospheric contamination
6. The heat shrinkable closure bears excellent leakproofing, moisture-resistance and pressure-containing capacity; The softening point can be up to 130 degrees centigrade, suitable for the area of high ambient temperature.
7. Range of closures to suit all cable sizes
8. Simple and easy to install
Heat Shrinkable Tubing ,Heat Shrink Wrap Tubing,Heat Shrink Tubing
Chengdu XingXingRong Communication Technology Co.,Ltd , http://www.xxrtx.net